Monday, January 30, 2006

The Essex Language

Scott, Mish and Kwan have a new hobby: mocking my accent.

Personally, i don't think i have an Essex accent (well not like Chantelle anyway) you could say it was a Kent one...but i don't think i have one that would give any indication to a stranger where i was from. Feel free to disagree with me Bozz, you seem to like insulting me recently as well.

So back to the story... apparently i can't say:

  • Sauce
  • Fork
  • Knife
  • Spoon

without much hilarity ensuing on the boys part. This usually happens on the way back from college dining but also last night when we ordered take out. Before you say anything, I know that I'm going to turn into a beached whale before soon, but that's not my fault, the fact that i am living with essentially 4 boys who can't cook doesn't help me.

I'm currently listening to my vast iTunes collection on random and it's causing much confusion to the people I'm talking to on msn messenger as it really is random: No Doubt, Silverstein, Arcade Fire, Franz Ferdinand, Puretone, Jamie Cullum and Enya. What can i say, I'm a random person.

So does Essex have it's own language? I'm not sure, but sometimes i think so.

posted by Em @ 11:00:00 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stockton on Tees/Durham, Cleveland/Co. Durham, Greenland

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary