Monday, April 03, 2006

"SOS Please someone come and rescue me..."

It seems that the cure of my insomnia was only temporary, and now it is back with a vengeance. In the past 2 days I've had less than 5 hours sleep, and it's starting to take it's toll on my body. I can't actually move at the moment, typing is a big effort as is merely breathing. Last night I found myself doing those old breathing exercises that I used to do on the many occasions that I found myself lying on the sick bench at the Convent: breathe in the white energy and breath out the black. It calmed me for a moment but didn't help me sleep. I usually feel tired when I can't sleep, but this time I'm awake and mentally willing to go out and do things, my body will just collapse on the way. If anyone has any good remedies that I haven't tried yet, then please send them my way.

Now I'm off to watch repeats of Lost, maybe it will distract me for an hour or two...

posted by Em @ 4:56:00 pm

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:39:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

run into a wall....

when i got insomnia i usually take it easy... then i go and exhaust my self to the point of collapse and fall asleep as soon as i get in... shower can wait till the morning...


if that fails i guess i lay of the caffine or drink horlicks... tis good stuff....


the final thing i do is take a hot shower/bath right before bed works a treat...

take care chick...

 
At Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:03:00 pm, Blogger MEL said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you're suffering from insomnia. I get it on and off too, depending on stress. My tip is to not stay in bed, tossing and turning. Get up, read and drink some herbal tea, then try again. I also agree with daggy on the running around. Do some Yoga, Pilates, exercise - anything to get your body going. Plus, if you are stressed, working out gives you time to just focus on yourself doing something that makes you feel good.
No better cure for stress than that!
Best of luck! Hope you feel better!

 

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stockton on Tees/Durham, Cleveland/Co. Durham, Greenland

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary