Thursday, April 06, 2006

"Where the shock sets in, and the stomach acid finds a new way to make you get sick"

So bird flu has finally reached British shores. It was inevitable that something like this would eventually happen. What with all the biological warfare out there, I would have thought that a major pandemic would come in the form of a man made problem rather than a natural mutation. I'm reminded of the film 28 days later, among others, where panic sets in and the whole nation goes mad. Namely today I've had my Nan phone to ask if the parental unit's can help her stock up on tinned food so she doesn't have to leave the house for a while. Unit XX has even said that my beloved pet Pebbles has to now stay in the house in case she picks up something from the birds in the garden. *rolls eyes*

With the way my parents and the rest of my family are known to react to extreme circumstances, heaven help me if it actually crosses over to humans here, even then I won't be allowed to leave the house!

posted by Em @ 7:18:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Stockton on Tees/Durham, Cleveland/Co. Durham, Greenland

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary